Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 28, 2008

2 days Post Surgery....

So I had my stomach surgery to correct my acid reflux (GERD), it's called Nissen Fundiplication. There is a muscle that is suppose to close at the top of your stomach and mine doesn't close, hence I have reflux all the time, my whole life. I just thought this is how everyone feels. So my doc wrapped the top part of my stomach around my esophagus so that it will create a valve and close on it's own. I was on meds but the run me about $80 a month because I am on 2 different reflux meds. So since I am young and in decent health surgery is an option for me. If I didn't have the surgery then I would be on my meds for the rest of my life. After the surgery for 2 weeks I can only have blenderized food i.e. baby food. And then for 6-8 weeks after that my diet is restricted, nothing fried, no caffeine, no bread, pasta, rice, nuts, & seeds, pretty much anything that might expand or be difficult for my stomach to digest since my stomach will be smaller after the surgery. And the doc found a hiatal hernia that he repaired while he had me open...

I am feeling better each day, still a little pain, especially the 30 mins before I can take my meds again. Luckily Dee Dee is here taking care of the kids & ME!! I think she is having a little fun giving me my blood thinner shots in my stomach...LOL. I am having lots of chicken broth & Smoothies & lots of liquid Hydrocodone. And my moms group is bringing Brad, Mom & the kids dinner every night for the next week. Thanks to all of you guys!! So hopefully we will be able to get out & about in a few weeks.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Jen,

I wish I could be there taking care of you too. I prayed for you while you were having your surgery. I am glad that you made it and now it's recovery time. At least it will be over before Thanksgiving! Well I know I am looking forward to Thanksgiving, FOOD that is!!! LOL

Love,
Sissy

Anonymous said...

WOW, is this a new form of diet? We are so glad that you are ok and surgery went well and your mom is there to help out. Lots of prayers were answered. We love you. Dad and Rolanda

The Rust Family said...

Glad you are having a good recovery and are blessed with helpers!!! Hope it continues to go well...

Stephanie said...

Glad everything is going well!! I'm sure it will be wonderful after you have completely recovered!