Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Aubrey Update

So we are still in the hospital, I thought that Aubrey would have gotten out yesterday as she is off her oxygen and they took the IV out yesterday morning. But Miss Aubrey needs to show that she can drink on her own, so when she gets home she won't get dehydrated. And she didn't drink much yesterday when Brad was here. I got back her around 6pm, after spending a much needed day with Beck, and I fought with her to drink all night long. I was finally able to get her to drink a couple of ounces of water. But again this morning she has not had anything to drink!!! I have taken away ALL of her toys, lovies, blankets, movie & tv watching privleges and told her that we could not go to the playroom downstairs until she drink a full cup of ANYTHING, water, juice, lemonade, sprite...Hell I don't care if she drinks Dr Pepper right now as long as she drinks something so we can go home!!! I didn't get much sleep, can you tell??? As I am typing this she has drank maybe an ounce of lemonade with her chicken finger lunch...What am I going to do with this girl??? I already tried holding her down to drink water, no luck, just a wet mommy!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hang in there, I know it's tough. Hey why don't you try making it into a game...you've had plenty of experience with drinking games in your lifetime right? LOL!!! But maybe play cards or a board game with her and if you win or advance she has to drink her water and vice versa. It may help to where she doesn't feel forced.