Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Dinnertime

The night before last I made this yummy roast (a recipe that I got from my SIL Shelly). She calls it Gail's Roast. It is awesome and we can eat for dinner and have enough for dinner the next night and the best part is that clean up is a breeze. And Aubrey likes it too, a plus when you can get your 2 year old to eat what your having and don't have to make extra meals. So I made the roast & some yeast rolls. And I said "Brad, dinners ready". Aubrey goes into the living and says to her daddy "Brad, It's ready". It was too cute!!

Gail's Roast

3+lb chuck roast
can of cream of mushroom (sometimes I use 2 cans to make more gravy)
can of golden mushroom
packet of lipton onion soup mix
bag of new potatoes
carrots
white onion

Place roast in dutch with a little bit of oil brown all sides of roast. Turn off heat. Cover roast with cans of soup & soup packet mix. Stir & slather roast with mixture. Place in oven & bake for 2-4 hours @ 300-325 degrees. Add the sliced onion, carrots & potatoes in at the last hour of cooking. I usually make sure that the potatoes are covered by the gravy mixture. And it can cook for longer than 4 hours.

Super yummy recipe plus you only have to clean one pan!

Okay people make sure that you leave comments on my blog.

4 comments:

Kat said...

I wanted to leave a comment yesterday but I didn't see where I could until today...weird...ANYWAY, I absolutely LOVE that you started a blog. Hope the family is doing well- the kids are just out of control adorable. Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the recipe, and naturally very cute kids.
NiNi

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and I liked the dedication you did for your Mother. I enjoyed spending Time with she and Pam and John. The tub scenes are to cute. kisses Grannie D.

Jacolyn said...

Another great crock pot recipe that my kids and hubby love
Big-Batch Mexican Roast
1 chuck roast (4-5 lbs)
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cummin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 (14 1/2 oz) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes

Sprinkle spices over the roast. Pour cans of tomatoes around the roast (not on top). Cook low for 8-10 hrs

I will sometimes use a smaller roast but with the same amount of spices and add potatos and carrots. This meat is great for burritos, tacos, sandwiches, etc. I
often serve with avacodo and black beans. Enjoy!