Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 28, 2008

Lions & Tigers & Bears umm, I mean Tortoises...Oh My!

Of course we growled at the lions & tiger!! ROAR!!





Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the bears. We went to the zoo on Saturday and I took lots of pictures of the animals to make Aubrey a photo album so that we can practice our animal names & sounds. Aubrey really enjoyed herself, the Austin Zoo is pretty small and it is more like an animal sactuary. It turned out to be a pretty warm day, we thought that is was only going to be in the 60's but ended up in the mid 70's.




She really like the Llamas, it was the only animal she called by name. It is so cute to hear her say "Llama".

Not a fan of goats! The people just before us had that food for the animals so the goats were freaking out. That goat sniffed her arm and she fussed like it bit her. They were really aggressive.

My 3 babies after we enjoyed a refreshing sno-cone.

Brad is shushing because the wolf was sleeping.


Aubrey also liked these green parrot type birds but now I can't remember the name. The birds said "Hello", "Polly, want a cracker?" & "Goodbye". She couldn't figure out who was talking, she kept asking Who's that? It was so funny.

3 comments:

Jacolyn said...

I didn't know Austin had a "zoo". Cool! Nice goatee bubba!

Jen said...

The zoo is pretty small, Brownsville has a bigger zoo. But it was perfect for a 2 year old.

Anonymous said...

I remember in the "original" Dr. Dolittle (with Rex Harrison) and there was a llama that had a head on each end. It was called a "push-me pull-me!" Jen, you were about Aubrey's age at the time and loved it! I can't wait to be available and we can all go to the San Antonio zoo!! Love to all, Mom aka DeeDee