Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Please learn from my lesson!!

So Tuesday Aubrey started a new semester of Kindermusik (more on that later) and I walk into the house and am almost knocked over by the smell of natural gas inside the house. The kids were still in the car and I remember the night before (Monday night) around 10 pm that Brad mentioned that he smelled gas, he had gone out to the garage and noticed when he came back in. Then he said well I just changed the thermostat from the heater to the air conditioner maybe it is a musty smell from that. I never left the house all night and never noticed the smell until Tuesday afternoon when we got back. So I ran over to the stove and realized that the burner that I used the night before to make beef stew was on but not lit. I think that when I put the veggies in the stew I turned the burner on but didn't light it so it had been emiting natual gas into the house all night long. I think that the burner was on for around 18-20 hours before I realized it, thank God that it was on low. So I opened up all the doors and a bunch of windows luckily it was a super windy day. I got the kids out of the car and we hung out in the back yard for an hour or so. I didn't want to leave the house with doors & windows open and didn't want to take the kids anywhere as Aubrey & Beck both have some viral infection again. Lots of snot & coughing at our house this week. I called Brad about million times during this ordeal all along realizing that I almost blew my family up. If I had left the burner on high or something had sparked we would have been toast by now. So I have been freaking out all week just thinking about it. So everyone please be careful if you have a gas range, double or triple check that your burners are off. And if you smell natual gas investigate it until the smell is gone don't just blow it off, like I did. Please learn from my stupid mistake!!

No comments: