Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 21, 2008

Nissen Fundoplication

So I went to the surgeon today and he recommended that I have the surgery to fix my esophagus that doesn't close at the top of my stomach. The surgery is called Nissen Fundoplication, and they pretty much wrap the top part of my stomach around the esophagus to create a valve and prevent reflux. The doc wants me to lose some weight before the surgery, because it will make the surgery go smoother and my recovery faster. So we are looking at around August, I will probably schedule it after the kid's birthday party. Yeah!! No more stomach meds!! I have decided that I am going to hire a maid to clean the house once a month with the money that I will be saving on Aciphex & Zegrid.

1 comment:

Jacolyn said...

Of course you scheduled it around the kids' birthdays. You can't just do one thing at a time ;)