Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Oh, What a day we've had...

Okay, so Beck had his 6 month well baby visit today and we were off to the doctor. Beck isn't feeling much better still so the doc didn't give him his shots, he has still had a high fever, head & chest congestion, cough & wheezing. We changed antibiotics for both Beck & Aubrey as their sinus infections are still going and we go back to the doc on Friday for a follow up. And the doc ordered a chest xray for Beck at the hospital. She also did a Pertussis (Whooping Cough) test, but the results won't be back for 2 weeks, and in case he has it the new anitbiotics will cover the Pertussis. So we went next door to the hospital and had Beck's xray done, he had fallen asleep in my arms waiting so they didn't have to put him in that acrylic contraption that holds him down, Thank God. We are currently waiting the results of the xray the doc is suppose to call me this afternoon, I will update you all as soon as I know something.

Beck's stats from his 6 month well baby visit 27 inches long (75%), head 44 cm (50%) and his weight was only 14 lbs 6.4 oz (5-10%) he has lost some weight with this sickness, the other reason that I am worried about him. He was in the 25% percentile for weight at his 3 month check up. His length & head are the same percentile as before so that is good.

Then of course we had to go by the SBUX drivethru (see Monday's blog). And then we were off to Walgreen's the other place I go to as much as Starbucks (feels like it anyway). I decided to take the kiddos into the store in the double stroller so I could wait for the Rx's and pick up my sweetie a Val's day card (I'm such a procrastinator). The doc mentioned giving Beck Benedryl and Aubrey Claritin for their allergies, during high allergy seasons like now in Austin with the Cedar Fever. So while I was waiting in line there was a Zyrtec display just next to me and I picked up a plastic bottle in a box of the new over the counter Children's Zyrtec to take a look at it and compare it to the Claritin that I already had picked up. Decided not to get it and I put it back on the display shelf and of course it fell off, so I picked it up again and the clear super sticky liquid starts spilling out of the box onto my hand and so I cuped my other hand underneath it to keep it contained. That didn't work very well so I am spilling an entire bottle of Children's Zyrtec all over the floor and I have to ask the clerk who is helping another customer for some help. She gives me a plastic bag and then comes back with some paper towels. I felt so cool cleaning up the floor of Walgreen's. Very classic Jen-very proud moment.

Decided to get out of Walgreen's, go home, feed Aubrey some lunch and all take a much deserved nap.

Oh yeah, at the hospital Beck was getting a little plastic braclet thing on his ankle and of course Aubrey was upset that she didn't get one so the nurse put a blank one on Aubrey's ankle too. She can con anyone out of anything-you should see her work her Daddy, he is totally wrapped around her little finger.




Aubrey cheeseing it up for the camera b/c I got it out to take a picture of their ankles.

The sweetest baby boy ever taking a nap on my bed, Poor guy he just feels rotten.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Oh, my babies!! I miss them so much! I hope you all kick this sinus stuff soon. So obviously your children have Brad's sinuses! Thanks Daddy!