Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 24, 2008

My Sissy Chrissy

Aubrey calls my sister Chrissy "Sissy". We are staying at her house this week and this last Saturday she hosted an Easter Egg decorating party (I will post pics of the party & Easter next week when we get back home). She asked me to make sugar cookies with icing for the party. She went to the store and got everything and when I got to her house on Saturday she had set out all the ingredients for me. I scanned the counter, all the usual suspects were there flour, sugar, powdered sugar, vanilla, almond extract, crisco, Sprite, salt, lemon juice, eggs, evaporated milk. WHAT?!? SPRITE?!? Yes, A can of Sprite. I looked at my recipe that my mom had emailed both Chrissy & I a few months ago and sure enough 1 tsp. of soda is listed as one of the ingredients. You know and I know that by soda it means baking soda because you are BAKING. But to my sister it means Sprite actually when I asked her she thought that soda meant soda water and she was going to go back to the store but then she thought that a Sprite would do. And she said "I am so glad that you are making the cookies b/c I would have made them I would have really messed them up". I am the baker of the family-I love sweets and Chrissy is the cooker. If the brownie recipe says to beat the mixture for 2 minutes she sets a timer for 2 minutes.

Also as I'm typing this entry she asked me if I was blogging about her, of course I said No. And then she said "Good because if you were I would cry".

We love you Sissy!!!!

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hey! No one listen to Jen, she doesn't know what she is talking about. Let's just say that I am the kid in school that got an A for follows directions well. I try not to let it get to my head, but perfection is hard to mess up. Did you ever have to write directions for making a PB & J sandwich in school? I did really well at this in school, my directions allowed the teacher to make the sandwich correctly. Everyone else had ugly mushy backwards sandwiches. See there is a good side to LITERALLY saying what you mean.

Chrissy said...

Oh, and you lied to my face! You better hope that Aubrey doesn't learn how to lie from you! What kind of example are you setting lying to your Sissy?

Anonymous said...

Perhaps we're not giving Chrissy the credit that is due. She may be a creative chef extraordinaire, simply trying to jazz up a recipe. (Hey, Chrissy...I gave it my best shot.)