Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

New Glasses

I ordered new glasses today, they are kind of a caramelly brown with green. They should be in in 5-7 days-perfect so I won't be waiting for them b/c I will be out of town the whole week. I also ordered some Rx sunglasses just basic Ray-Bans. I am pretty pumped about both. I was told by my eye doc to stop sleeping in my contacts and wear my glasses every night. So I told Brad that I had to have new glasses. I found 2 that I liked & the pair I ordered was on sale for $160 but the other pair was $275. So since I got the cheaper pair I also got the sunglasses because they were on sale for $150. Makes perfect sense to me, for some reason Brad doesn't understand my math and how much money I save him. The pic is totally horrible, please don't look at me or my face or my bad hair (I had a doc appt this morning I didn't have time to straighten my hair). Just look at the glasses.Oh yeah, as for the doc appt. My gastro doc wants me to stay on my meds for my GERD, as this is the best that I have ever felt with my reflux on these 2 meds. And I have an appt in April to talk to a surgeon about surgery. We will see...they say that I would be a good candidate for the surgery b/c I am young & in decent health and my meds are working. Plus it would save me over $80 a month that I spend on my meds. I just realized that I could get 2 pedicures a month for what I spend on my reflux meds. Man, I gotta get this surgery and get off these meds and get my toes done. :)

5 comments:

Gracie Lou said...

Your math makes PERFECT since to me!!! Love the glasses! Aimee

Anonymous said...

Speaking of mani-pedi's—I was driving in Edmonton and there was a sign for a "winter" special: Only $90 for a mani-pedi. I about flipped. You must be kidding me. This is winter right now. You always wear socks and shoes. You never see your feet or anyone's for that matter. What is the $$ in the summer? I am afraid to ask. I remember in Houston I could get walk in and pay $22. You go girl.

Jacolyn said...

ok, that photo made me laugh out loud.

Chrissy said...

Jen Jen Jen...you should never sleep in your contacts! I am glad that I didn't get that bad habbit from you! Oh, and speaking of eyes, I sneezed a lot this morning (love those allergies) I just looked in the mirror and what do you know...a busted blood vessel in my eye! I have a red and blue right eyeball! It's Be-utiful! And I have an appointment in April to talk about Lasik!!! You ready to take care of Sissy?

Anonymous said...

I thought you learned the lesson about sleeping in contacts in high school. Remember, you never wanted to see Dr. Martin again? I know when I have taken nap with my contacts in everything is a blur when I wake up. Like your math - I could handle a couple of pedi's a month myself. Rolanda